Sentek Drill and Drop Probe
The Drill & Drop is a fully encapsulated, easy to install, soil measurement probe. Probes are available in two lengths, 60cm (24”) and 120cm (48”), with sensors fixed at every 10cm (4”) increment. Purchase options are either length with soil moisture + temperature sensors or soil moisture + temperature + salinity. Due to the ease of install and protected electronics, the Drill & Drop is ideally suited to situations where a monitoring probe may need to be moved between sites in short term and annual crops. Having the electronics completely encapsulated and able to be completely buried also makes the probe suited to long term installations, where machinery will pass often, such as dry land and feed crops. Being able to leave the probe in the ground means long term, uninterrupted data trends and comparison between seasons is possible.
The Drill & Drop also covers the issue of data continuity and integrity where the probe does need to be reinstalled. The ingenious tapered probe and matching auger allows direct, slurry-free, installation. This direct installation method means that the probe is measuring ‘real’ representative soil conditions immediately after install, because the surrounding soil has not been disturbed.
- Two probe length options – 60cm (24”) and 120cm (48”)
- Option to measure soil moisture & temperature or moisture & temperature & salinity at every 10cm interval
- Extremely fast and easy Undisturbed Installation due to tapered shape
- Measures the true soil profile, NOT slurry
- Stable potting material
- Able to be buried to any depth
- Sentek-proven quality soil moisture and salinity measurements
- Sentek-designed and owned integrated chip technology
- Soil temperature resolution 0.3%
- Pre-normalised sensors with inbuilt default calibration equation
- Available as Sentek SOLO, PLUS, MULTI, Modbus and SDI-12